Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Bluestone Winterland, Blue Ice & Winter Blues

"Bluestone Winterland" 12" x 12"
"Blue Ice" 4" x 4"
"Winter Blues" 4" x 4"
If you love cobalt blues (like me), you'll love today's post which features three new originals currently available at Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN. These were painted in a familiar theme of mine, that being birch trees amongst a twilight blue sky and blue stones. I decided to feature them together as they were painted simultaneously. I have a large scale work in mind featuring this theme in the future as I'm drawn to this color and subject matter. It also fits this time of year when the days aren't quite as long, and the forest floor resembles the blue ice that I used to title one of the smaller works. I'm off to work on some new canvases that feature a new theme I've never tried before, but it will be a challenge and will be posted next week. Have a great day! -A

Please contact Siiviis Gallery for more information about these paintings


No comments:

Post a Comment