Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Twilight Maples: Larger Than Life


Acrylic on 4"w x 4"h x 1.5"d Canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD

I couldn't resist giving this painting the title Larger Than Life as this is the smallest size I've ever worked in. Weighing in at a whopping four inches by four inches ... I must admit I struggled with my brushstrokes and found myself concentrating more than usual with this painting. As I view this work on screen, I find I can see the texture of the canvas, and I'm enjoying the depth the texture is giving to this work. This is why I wish people could view my art in person and not on screen as they are missing a wealth of detail on screen, but my show is coming up soon where people can view my work in person and also I'm hopeful to work with a local gallery or two to display my work on a regular basis. I enjoyed the challenge of this painting though, and will post a few more of these little guys before beginning my next challenge in a couple weeks ... a 5'w x 3'h painting. That size is definately larger than life.

No comments:

Post a Comment