Thursday, August 25, 2011

Geranium Jive


Acrylic on 14"w x 16"h x 2"d Canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please email me at aaronklossartwork@gmail.com for purchase information.

This painting and the one I'll post tomorrow are a lesson in patience and and perseverance. I wanted to capture the color and texture I saw in the flowers and their surroundings so I worked on layering the blues, greens, and pinks; many with transparencies; to get the color I was after. I don't feel like the photo does justice to the brushstrokes in this painting. I suppose you could count the thousands of brushstrokes in my paintings, but that's not the point. The point is for the viewer to identify with the mood and emotion of the subject matter. I realize that art is subjective and not everyone will identify with a particular painting, but as long as I'm jiving with the painting I know others will. Do you jive?

No comments:

Post a Comment