Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Reflection Lake Triptych

Reflection Lake Triptych painting by duluth artist aaron kloss, pointillism, painting of a lake in summer, acrylic landscape painting
"Reflection Lake Triptych"  12"w x 4"h 
Yesterday I had a blast bike riding, bowling, playing at the park, having lunch and hanging out with my younger two children. Just like every summer, we packed as much as we could on my day off. Summer and happy days seem to appear and disappear all too soon. I try to capture summer on canvas while I can, the landscape budding and growing, filling the land with lush greens only to transform to intense colors of autumn prior to winter setting in. The older I get, the faster time moves, and try as I may to slow down, there is always another adventure on the horizon. My series of trees reflecting in water is all about memories, and this piece featured today is no different. The reflecting trees represent our memories that are distortions of the actual event remembered. They resemble the event, yet are different. The reflections are bigger than the trees, emphasizing the importance of the memories. It's good to make time for things that will become rich memories that will never fade. And I'm going to go enjoy summer before it fades, how about you? This piece , titled Reflection Lake Triptych, is 12"w x 4"h, and was delivered to Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment