Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Blue Dragonfly

blue dragonfly painting by artist aaron kloss, painting of insect, painting of a dragonfly, pointillism,

Today's post, titled Blue Dragonfly, is the last of a three part series on 10x10" canvases recently delivered to Siiviis Gallery. I had a great time painting these, and actually they are the my first attempt at painting insects. Perhaps I'll continue with other insects as I find them so interesting with their shapes and colors.... I just don't know if people will collect them, but sometimes art isn't about selling and all that but about the simple act of creating. I need to return to that simple act from time to time when I'm busy with a large commission or preparing for an art show ... to return to that child like joy from my youth I had when drawing and painting ... and dreaming of one day being a full time artist. Sorry, I'm waxing poetic yet again, I'm off to the easel chasing that childhood dream ...

Please visit my website for more examples of my work, and feel free to contact me regarding commissioning a custom painting for your home or office space.

No comments:

Post a Comment