Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Memory from Feb. 2013: Departure

Departure, painting of cardinals and blue jays on birch by artist aaron kloss, pointillism










A few years ago I had a gallery talk at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN where I unveiled a new subject matter: the blue jay. The gallery talk went well, I did a painting demonstration, had a great time, even spilled a little white paint on the floor (and blamed it on the seagulls haha). Sometimes I look back over the past six years on the blog and reminisce, it's been a great journey, and I'm looking forward to what's ahead this year. With no futher delay, here's my post regarding a new painting titled Departure, from Feb. 2013, and also I'll include links to Sivertson's blog, and the youtube video about that presentation at the end of this post.

"Don't let the title of this post scare you .. I'm not leaving now lol. I suppose after taking a little break from the blog and then posting 'Departure' you might wonder what people may think. ;) This piece is part of new series for me featuring the beautiful blue jay. I'm super excited to see how people will react to this new forest friend ... not sure how the cardinal in today's painting feels about the blue jays though. He's thinking 'I'm outta here!'."

Link to Sivertson Gallery's thoughts on my work: https://sivertson.com/blog/klosschat/
Youtube video to my presentation: https://youtu.be/JkDSlf0pbfE

Many other painting options are always being added to my website: http://www.aaronkloss.com
Feel free to contact me for more information ... and I'm also available for commissions if you'd like a special size or subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment