Thursday, July 23, 2015

Blooming Iris

Blooming Iris, Lizzards Gallery, Aaron Kloss art, MN landscape, pointillism
"Blooming Iris"  36"w x 24"h, Lizzards Gallery Duluth MN
The iris have been blooming around my home in Duluth MN recently, and I couldn't help but find myself drawn to their color, form, and beauty. Capturing them on canvas is a challenge as the flowers I chose were solid purple with little distinguishing features where the petals overlapped. So I made sure to paint them open so that the negative space around the flowers could be filled with color. I had quite a fun time in this series, and will post new works in an iris theme for the next several days. Please stop back soon .. and take a minute to stop and smell the iris. :) Please contact Lizzards Gallery for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment