Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sunny 'Dee

Chickadee, Aaron Kloss, Acrylic landscape, bird painting, spring, Minnesota, Pointillism
"Sunny 'Dee"  6"w x 6"h
I couldn't help but think of this painting, titled Sunny 'Dee, today as I was hiking with my family along Knife River north of Duluth. We hiked for a few hours along the river which had some interesting turns and rapids, and had lunch. Along the way, we played in the river a bit, discovered an ancient copper mine from 1863, and had a great time in the woods amongst the pines and birches. The weather was perfect, 75 and sunny, and bright sunshine filtered through the trees as we hiked, just like the golds in the sky of this painting featuring a chickadee on a birch. He's basking in the glow of the sun, and so did I today ... a day I wish would last just a bit longer. Please contact Lizzards Gallery in Duluth for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment