Friday, May 1, 2015

Nesting Instinct

Chickadee, Nest, Birch, Aaron Kloss, Acrylic Landscape, Minnesota, Dailypaintworks
"Nesting Instinct"
​As I was watching a robin build her nest this morning, in the same place as last year, I thought about different birds and the variation of nests they build. How do they know what to build, where to build it, what to do with it ... how to guard it? Instinct is an interesting word ... I think someone thought up the word 'instinct' to answer all of these questions. Only the good Lord knows how these creatures do what they do, but I sure enjoy observing them. That's why they make their way onto my canvases. Today's painting features a rich background of blues, teals and golds .. and of course, a chickadee. How did I decide what to paint again? Was it instinct? ;) This painting is available at DailyPaintworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment