Monday, May 19, 2014

Suncatchers

"Suncatchers" 36"w x 24"h, Your Art's Desire Gallery, Minnetonka, MN
   Here is new work titled Suncatchers that is part of a new group of works for my upcoming show titled Northland Kaleidoscope which can be viewed at Your Arts Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN during the month of June 2014. The opening reception is Saturday, May 31st from 6:30 - 9:00 p.m. Please stop by and say hi if you're in the area.

   The show is full of new work, some old favorites, a few favorites that make the connection to the Duluth area where I live and work ... and there's a grand total of sixty paintings ranging in size from 4"x4" all the way up to 72"x36". I tried to include all the seasons and subjects I've been working in ... from songbirds to birch trees, peaceful forests, stones, lakes, streams, pines and the sun, moon and stars. I'm especially fond of the new work for the show, works such as this one posted here today that incorporate a central light source such as the sun and range in color value from bright ultramarine white all the way to black.

   I've put so much into this show that I'm finding myself needing to spend some time with the sketchbook and take some hikes through Lester Park by my home here to recharge my batteries. I'm sure I'll pick up the brush yet again but for now I'm content to view the new work and look forward to the opening reception of the largest body of my work ever assembled. :)

Please contact Your Art's Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment