Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Peaceful Place

"A Peaceful Place" 36"w x 12"h
I just couldn't resist giving this painting the title of how I felt when it was finished and I sat back in my chair with the thought that comes to mind when I add the last brush stroke. 'What to title this one?' Well, this is the thought that came to mine ... a peaceful place ... and so the painting was officially finished. The title for each piece just comes to mind as I work, although every so often I set out to paint something with the title in mind, and that is usually with the larger works. This painting features textural birches with gold maples and underbrush against a summer sky. While it has a unique depth of color with the burnt sienna underpainting and distinct brush strokes, for me, it's just a peaceful place. Please contact Your Art's Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment