Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Cobalt Harvest

"Cobalt Harvest"  6"w x 12"h
Today's painting titled Cobalt Harvest is another piece from my Northland Kaleidoscope show at Your Arts Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN. There are a few night paintings in the group of work, and each one is very rich in color and mysterious as night paintings always seem to be for me. They are also an interesting challenge ... how do you decide how bright the color value should be in a night scene where everything is so dark and the details are difficult to make out? Perhaps that's why I put so much emphasis on the sky in the night paintings ... the intensifying color value radiating from the moon really becomes the subject of the piece and the foreground elements are almost an afterthought. Such it is with my work ... I'm always emphasizing the elements of composition such as the sky and the negative spaces that most other painters brush aside. (That's my sad attempt of humor by the way, you better laugh 'cause I can't come up with anything funnier at the moment) ... so there you have it. A harvest of cobalt blue on canvas with the full harvest moon smiling down on the scene. Please contact Your Art's Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment