Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lake Superior Sunrise

"Lake Superior Sunrise" 36"w x 24"h
Featured today is a piece titled Lake Superior Sunrise which is 36"w x 24"h. The titled reflects the painting which reflects on a sunrise reflecting off Lake Superior. As I've been reflecting on this piece, I've been really enjoying the sun speckled skies that have found their way into my work, and when these paintings are finished I find myself wondering how they came to be. Really, it's just the process of adding paint to the canvas, layering color until the painting feels finished. A lake Superior sunrise just has to be experienced ... the rich blues, the golden sun, the waves crashing on the stones ... ahhhhhh .... reflect on that for a while. Please contact Your Art's Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment