Monday, February 17, 2014

Warm Winter Ridge & Golden Light

"Warm Winter Ridge", 10"w x 8"h, Siiviis Gallery, Duluth MN
"Golden Light", 4"w x 4"h, Siiviis, Duluth MN
Featured today are two winter inspired pieces titled Warm Winter Ridge and Golden Light. These include the rocks and birches that have been the subject of many of my paintings as of late, along with the deep blues and crisp whites of the winter landscape. I added gold to both paintings, which is why I chose to include them here together today, as the gold is a natural complement to the blue hues in the pieces, and I long for winter to end and warm temps to return. 5 plus inches of snow here today, and it looks like I'll have to be patient for spring temps. In the meantime, I'm being inspired by white snowdrifts and frosty air, or inspired by the thought of these things melting away ... Please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on these paintings.

No comments:

Post a Comment