Friday, February 28, 2014

Baltimore Oriole No. 1

"Baltimore Oriole No. 1" 4"w x 4"h
I just love birds. While I find myself identifying with cardinals and capturing them on canvas, I frequently paint other birds I find around my home in northern Minnesota. So far I'm painted male and female cardinals, blue jays, robins, goldfinches, red wing blackbirds, chickadees ... to name a few. But I've been longing for spring and the songbirds to return, and so I felt like a baltimore oriole would brighten my spirits with it's distinctive markings and blaze orange chest. The orange forms a natural flame pattern and in this tiny four inch square painting titled Baltimore Oriole No. 1 I felt like the crisp birch bark and snowy background would offset this colorful little bird as I patiently wait through the sub zero weather for spring ... did I mention I just love birds?

Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment