Thursday, December 12, 2013

Seven Cardinals, Chick Chickadee and Cold Sky Cardinal


"Seven Cardinals Triptych" 12"w x 12"h, Siiviis Gallery
"Chick Chickadee", 4"w x 4"h
I don't know if I can measure up to my son's awesome Cardinal painting I posted yesterday, but I thought I'd post some recent work available at Siiviis Gallery in Duluth's Canal Park. The first piece is a fun triptych titled Seven Cardinals featuring, well, seven cardinals. In the past I've painted male cardinals exclusively due to their bright red coloring, but I thought I'd mix it up a bit and have some female cardinals as well. The deep green pine ridge and lime green sky give this work a fun color punch. Also featured today are two small 4"wx4"h canvases titled Chick Chickadee and Cold Sky Cardinal. These were painted during some of the coldest weather we've ever had here in December. I haven't seen any birds during my morning walk, I assume they're staying close to the fire in this weather. Gotta keep those feathers warm.
"Cold Sky Cardinal", 4"w x 4"h

No comments:

Post a Comment