Friday, June 28, 2013

Through the Summer Birches and Four in Blue


"Through The Summer Birches" 12"w x 12"h
"Four in Blue" 4"w x 4"h
Here's a couple of birchscapes on a rainy June day. Fun to revisit these after dropping them off at the gallery. Every once and while I seem to hit the perfect shade of cobalt blue with the blend from light to dark that I'm always seeking after. There are two layers of greens in the piece titled Through the Summer Birches. The landscape is so lush around here with all the rainfall, I could have put in several more layers just to be more realistic lol. But there's an element of minimalism in my work that always years to capture the true essence of the image. My life and my artwork is a work in progress. So far, so good. :)

Please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth for more information on these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment