Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Cobalt Forest Friends

"Cobalt Forest Friends" 10"w x 10"h, Sivertson Gallery, Grand Marais MN
"Gold Sparkles" 4"w x 4"h
This painting is a favorite ... one I wanted to keep to myself, yet felt like at the same time I wanted to share with the world. I just love the cobalt blue jays on the cobalt blue background. This is a theme that is just asking ... just begging ... to be pursued. I'm drawn to cobalt blue like a moth to a flame and have a hard time resisting grabbing the paint every time I work. I have to admit that I have cobalt blue by at least three different paint companies and each has it's unique color qualities. One is a little more gray, one more vibrant, one more deep and I love them all. Vincent Van Gogh was obsessed with chrome yellow ... I don't know what draws what artist to what color, but this I can assure you ... you will be seeing a lot of cobalt blues in the near future. I'm just shy of 60 paintings completed in the last two months and I'm taking a few days off to catch my breath and help an old friend work on his house ...
I don't want to burn myself out before I've said what I want to say via the brush and the canvas. :)

For more information about this painting please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN. 


No comments:

Post a Comment