Friday, November 16, 2012

Sweet Dreams

"Sweet Dreams" 9"w x 12"h
This painting is yet another one I had a hard time letting go to the gallery. It has such a nice color value range in the ultramarine blue and cadmium yellows that I found myself just viewing the painting over and over, returning to it, hoping to capture what draws me to this one on subsequent canvases I was working on. It's probably the combination of subject matter, composition, and color working together that gives this piece the peace it has. When I view this painting, everything is quiet, everything is still and peaceful. It's the feeling that all is right and it brings a smile to my face ... Sweet Dreams. :)

Today's painting Sweet Dreams is available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment