Thursday, November 15, 2012

Birch Lake Reflections

"Birch Lake Reflections" 20"w x 16"h
Another round of work is finished and I'm going through my usual unwinding time now. A flurry of activity always happens the last few days that I'm working on canvases, and then all of sudden they're boxed up and gone and the studio is quiet and empty.

I thought this painting would be a nice one for today. When you view a lake, river, etc and observe distant trees and landforms reflecting in the water, you may not pay any attention .. or if you're like me, seeing the reflections in the water makes me pause and think about where I've been and where I'm going.

The changing season is upon us, the snow will be falling soon, and I'm feeling like pushing the dark/light in the colors of my next work. We'll see ... I've been viewing some older work and enjoying the deep richness of the color, and the new work next to it with it's color sparks and punches of light and thinking ... hmmm ... what would happen if I combine them? Only one way to find out!

Please stop back soon as I have two weeks worth of posts ready to roll. Gotta get some new canvases on the easel ... :)

Today's painting Birch Lake Reflections is available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN

No comments:

Post a Comment