Monday, November 5, 2012

Golden Lake

"Golden Lake" 12"w x 12"h

This painting, along with several others recently completed, feels like a direction that I'll be exploring in the next few months. When the snow flies, as an artist, you wonder what to paint. On one hand, painting with white is new, exciting, and challenging all at once. Yet, you wonder if people will collect winter paintings or not. Ultimately, I feel if I'm able to create work I enjoy and captures the mood and emotion of the landscape, then others will connect with it as well. For the winter season, I'll be embarking on twilight and nighttime excursions through the silent forest, listening to the crunching of the leaves on the November forest floor. Then, the crisp white and deep blue shadows of December snows will beckon as the moon and stars sparkle and dance across the landscape. 

This painting is currently available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment