Thursday, June 14, 2012

Birches in Blue Diptych

Acrylic on two 12"w x 16"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$300.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

This painting was part of my Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery.

A peaceful birch two canvas composition in a favorite theme of mine. I have many reasons why I return to this theme, and I know I've talked about it in previous posts .. it's the feeling of safety and solitude this composition gives me. The rocks are a natural protective barrier, the birches are a fence, and the chocolate colored foreground a warm invited place to rest. The multiple shades of blue in the background calm the soul in the midst of a storm.

I have three more works to share from my Tremendous Trees show ... then I'm excited to start sharing my recent work from my Urban Oasis show which is at Jitters Coffee in Downtown Duluth during the month of June, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment