Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Photo reference for Aerial Lift Bridge Painting

I've been working on a 24"x36" (approx.) vertical canvas that I'm thinking will have the simple title 'Duluth'. I took this photo while standing on the shore by the Great Lakes Aquarium. I've been working hard on my last large scale work titled 'Solace Triptych' and also working on my new studio space, and I wanted to work on a simple composition and just relax and enjoy painting. Watch for this painting to be completed soon ... due to the complex nature of the bridge, this painting may take longer, but I want to get it right. I have a couple of other smaller works on my small easel that will be posted later in the week that show by their subject matter that snowflakes will soon be in the air and the Northland of Minnesota will once again be covered in a thick white blanket of snow. Time to find those wool socks....

No comments:

Post a Comment