Thursday, July 28, 2011

Autumn Birches Diptych

Acrylic on Two 2'w x 3'h x 1.5"d Canvases
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please email me at aaronklossartwork@gmail.com for purchase information.

I had a lot of fun painting the negative spaces behind the trees in this diptych. As a whole, the two canvases measure 4'w x 3'h in dimension, so they have quite a presence in the room. The blue sky blends into golden fall foliage in this piece, with the cranberry color putting a solid ground in the bottom of the background. The birch trees have a lot of texture in their white and black areas, which is why this piece took me so long to paint. :) I think it was worth it, these will be featured in my upcoming show at The Vanilla Bean in Two Harbors. Now I'm off to stretch some more canvases!

No comments:

Post a Comment