Thursday, August 1, 2013

Golden Summer Sun

"Golden Summer Sun" 8"w x 8"h
"Sunrise" 4"w x 4"h
The days lately have been warm and sunny here in Duluth, MN. The sun is definately packing a punch this time of year, and the heat sometimes gets to me especially towards the end of the day. The sun rises and sets ... and is so frequently forgotten or overlooked in landscapes. As an artist, I find myself trying to always find a new composition, the latest subject matter, or a way to paint something completely new and creative. Yet it's often the simple things that speak so profoundly to people. Like the sun in the sky simply shining in it's strength, today's paintings are simple and bright. Perhaps it's the contrasting color that draws me to this subject matter, or the shape of the sun along with my simple brushstrokes that complement eachother. Whatever it is, I'm enjoying this subject thoroughly, and currently have several new canvases on the easel which feature the moon as well. We'll just see where it all leads ...

Please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment