Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Autumn Embrace

"Autumn Embrace" 10"w x 10"h
Here's a fun autumn themed composition that really features the moon as it's central subject matter. When painting landscapes, one often wonders what the subject really is ... I often intentionally focus on one aspect of the landscape as my subject matter and explore that subject in great detail. Sometimes it's the sky with the thousands of shades of color I like to work into my color from the black gesso ground all the way to the final pigment color. I glaze over and over and use the brush to control the amount, pressing harder each time I lighten the color. I suppose I could work on one painting the rest of my life, adding color upon color, but there comes a point where the work feels complete and I'm satisfied with it. Like today's piece titled Autumn Embrace ... I'm just happy with the sky, the moon, the jewel toned trees, rocks and foreground.

Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment