Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Luscious Autumn Lake

"Luscious Autumn Lake" 10"x 10"

"Blue Night"x 4" x 4"
Today as I'm wrapping up a new series of paintings that feature the sun, moon and stars ... I thought I'd share a couple recent pieces that have similar subject matters, compositions and colors. There's an element of simplicity that runs through my work like an undercurrent in a stream. When I look back at my work, I can see where I'm fascinated by a sky or other element and work hard to get it just right ... to get that depth of color that comes from countless brush strokes of intensifying pigment and color value. In the case of today's painting, I was fascinated by the sky and found satisfaction in the outcome, even though the subject of the piece is the moon reflecting on the lake, along with the rows of brightly colored autumn ridges. It's just a reflection of mine on my work, what attracts my eye and makes me smile to many may be unnoticed, and that's ok as long as they connect with the piece visually. I find worth and accomplishment in the simple things ... and hope to continue that through my work until it achieves the purpose of art ... to convey the message in a way that is clear and singular in purpose, thought, and execution ... and in a way that is completely unique to the artist and comes from within. Simple, right? :)

Simply contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment