Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Birch Forest Sentinel

"Birch Forest Sentinel" 10"w x 10"h
"March Forest", 4"w x 4"h
There is an underlying current that runs through my work and that current compels me to set boundaries and limits while I'm working. I frequently feel drawn to do this and I'm not sure why at this point. Since I paint from memory and emotion/experience ... I often complete a painting and then view it over time .. learning more about myself, my artistic voice, why the painting turned out the way it did. For today's Birch Forest Sentinel, the boundary set was to paint with two colors only ... titanium white and cobalt blue. The depth of color that can be achieved amazes me ... and I'm already thinking ahead to another piece in this theme on a larger scale where the contrast is pushed even farther in the deep areas of the cobalt blue. Cold and sunny here today ... good day to be productive in the studio. :) -A

Please contact Siiviis Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on today's pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment