Friday, December 7, 2012

Stargazers 1-3


Here's three new cardinal paintings available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais. I've enjoyed working in series as of late, and these three are part of a series of six cardinals on a deep ultramarine blue background. The depth of color makes the white birch bark jump off the canvas, almost like the paint was backlit. The stars have the same effect. I was unsure about winter themed paintings, but with  painting the snow landscapes that will be featured here in the coming weeks, along with night landscapes, I'm having a blast! Maybe I won't hibernate after all this winter! lol.

ps-I'm having a little fun with Photoshop collages and thinking about presenting multiple works in prints that would be collectible and affordable, and fun. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment