Tuesday, December 11, 2012

First Snow Triptych

"First Snow Triptych", Acrylic on 12"w x 4"h canvas
As I shoveled snow yesterday I couldn't help but think about this painting and some ideas I have for other works that will no doubt soon be painted. Snow is white, and white is a tricky color to paint with. There has to be 10,00000000 shades of white, and when you paint on black canvas, it just adds several more zeros to that number. :) While I can't just paint white on black as I'm not going that effect, getting the underpainting just right is a challenge. I'm going to be working with snow for a while ... hopefully more with my brush and less with my shovel, but in Duluth, MN you better know how to run a shovel. Now that I mention it, it's snowing again. Gotta go ... paint.

Please contact Sivertson Gallery for more information on this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment