Monday, December 3, 2012

Birch Tree Shadows

"Birch Tree Shadows"  8"w x 10"h
While on a trip up the North Shore to Grand Marais last week, I had the opportunity to stare out the window as I rode as opposed to watching the road while driving. The trip reminded me of childhood memories of watching the world go by while riding in a vehicle and how much I've missed that over the years as I'm often the one driving. I was fascinated by the landscape and shoreline filled with birch trees and forest floor covered by recent snowfall. There was some warm groundcover visible through the snow .. gold colored rushes and grasses along with deep crimson undergrowth. The late afternoon sun cast long blue shadows through the trees and the lake was a deep ultramarine blue. I didn't take any photos as I often like to do ... but the images are captured and filed in my mind and heart and will no doubt influence my work in the coming weeks. I have several landscape compositions coming soon, along with lots of 'stocking stuffer' 4x4 canvases. :)

Please contact Lizzards Gallery in Duluth, MN for more information on today's post titled 'Birch Tree Shadows', a new original acrylic on canvas.

No comments:

Post a Comment