Monday, October 29, 2012

Back in the saddle

Tis the season for viruses and I picked up one which knocked me off my horse last week. (I don't own a horse, but I do have a brown cocker spaniel puppy named Crimson that likes to horse around when I'm working.) Anyways, I will be back to my usual self this week and will start posting new work starting tomorrow. I currently have a peaceful 20"wx16" landscape on the easel featuring golden birches on a lake. I just love the way reflections in water affect a composition's look and feel. I remember Monet being fascinated with water, painting it time after time in large scale works. I'll have to look into that bit of art history soon. Other works in process are several 12"wx12"h landscapes as well as several smaller works with cardinals and fall birches and maples. The snow hasn't started flying here yet in Duluth, but I have a feeling it won't be long before my work has the crisp white of snow covering the ground in the birch forests I love to paint. Have a great day! -A

Crimson on the park bench

No comments:

Post a Comment