Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Autumn Moon and Red & Gold Rocks


"Autumn Moon" 12"w x 12"h
"Red & Gold Rocks" 4"w x 4"h
Today's post features two new works currently available at Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN. This new body of work really 'zings'. I don't know if that's the right word or not, but it this work has a real punchy feel to it ... almost like 'I dare you to look at me' lol. With this colorful feel comes with the deep blues that I'm drawn to which can be seen in the sky and rocks. Speaking of the blues, I'm loving a new shade of cobalt blue I recently purchased from Golden. The paint has a depth to the color that I've been very excited to see on the canvas, along with a saturation of the cobalt hue which I could go on and on about ... I suppose I should just say I love the blue. Please stop back soon this week as I'll be posting a few more images from this collection. God bless. -A

No comments:

Post a Comment