Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Autumn Escapade

"Autumn Escapade", 18"wx12"h
Today's painting features more layers. As I've been reflecting on the work in this show, the theme of layers seems to run through all the works. Birch trees in the foreground, followed by blue stones, birches, a red hedge and distant evergreen ridge ... all complemented by the cobalt blue sky. I'm quite fond of this work, to be honest, this show was difficult to finish during a busy time in my life. But as the dust has settled, I find that the works have such a nice depth of color, and the compositions are very interesting. I find something new every time I view the paintings from this show. Hope you can stop by Beaner's some time in September ... and don't forget to sign my guest book! 
Cheers,
-A

This painting is part of my Awesome Autumn show at Beaner's Central Coffeehouse which runs throughout the month of September 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment