Thursday, February 16, 2012

Tiny Cranberry Bog

Acrylic on 4"w x 4"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
 

$20.00, please email me to purchase.

This tiny painting was a big stretch for me subject wise as I've always said that I paint landscapes of Northern Minnesota, but I did a little research and found out that there are cranberry bogs in Minnesota, a nice sized one near Aitkin, not to mention people who grow cranberries on their land all around Northern MN. I'm captivated by the sea of red cranberries floating in deep blue waters with the distant skyline ... and even though I was constrained to a 4x4" canvas, I could envision cranberry bogs on a 48"wx36"h canvas ... perhaps in the future I'll paint a larger scale cranberry bog, but only after I've made sure I have a lot of crimson paint. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oil Painting on Canvas


    All that is needed to turn an image or photo into a canvas print is a copy of the photo.

    ReplyDelete