Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tiny Cardinal

Acrylic on 4"w x 4"h x 1.5"d canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD

This piece continues the red theme of my 'Tiny Art' pieces from the Prøve Collective Gallery Tiny Art show. The cardinal is looking up toward the sun, perhaps this piece conveys a longing for Spring in my own heart. The composition makes for nice movement, and the reds and greens compliment each other. I'm envisioning a large format piece, perhaps even a triptych, featuring many cardinals 'in conversation'. We'll see. I have a few more tiny art pieces to share through this week, then I'll be posting new work next week, I've been painting some 11"x14" birch landscapes which will be framed canvases that will be displayed at my upcoming show in April at the Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth.

No comments:

Post a Comment