Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Can You See The Cardinals?

can you see the cardinals painting by artist aaron kloss, cardinals painting, red maples painting, sivertson gallery, pointillism
"Can You See The Cardinals?" 8x10, acrylic on canvas
Some noisy and extremely messy finches inspired this piece. You see, I've had a good 40 finches raiding my thistle feeder lately, to the point where I went and bought a big old bag of thistle, and an extra couple feeders to keep up with the finch feast, and to enjoy watching the birds chasing each other off the 20 plus perches. Just as soon as they arrived, they left ... migrating to their nesting grounds no doubt, and there's no way I could have afforded to feed them. But one thing I noticed is that the finches could sit in the brush and be hard to find .. even 40 of them. The way birds can blend into their surroundings always fascinates me ... and so I was inspired to paint some cardinals on red maples. Sometimes I imagine what it would be like to look out my window at fall colors year round, but I can always paint the colors of the season ... and in this case, crimson red is splashed across the canvas and the cardinals dare you to find them ... but they would probably give themselves away with their chirping. :) This piece is being delivered to Sivertson Gallery later this week.

Please visit my website for more examples of my work, and feel free to contact me if you're interested in commissioning a custom painting for your home or office space.

No comments:

Post a Comment