Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Springscape

"Springscape" 48"w x 30"h
Featured today is a new favorite of mine titled Springscape which is 48"w x 30"h. This piece continues the concept of water reflections and spring birches that is new to my work this year. The bright colors in the horizontal landscape with the large foreground birches and distant trees is very compelling. Perhaps this painting represents a place I long to be, or a feeling of growth and life. I know I've felt a renewed sense of purpose in my work as of late, almost as if a wave of ideas hit me and I can't wait to capture these ideas on canvas. Whatever it is, it's an exciting ride that draws me to paint, and I can't wait to get to the studio once every day to see what happens next. For more information on Springscape, please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN.

No comments:

Post a Comment