Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Icy Forest Cardinals"

"Icy Forest Cardinals"  6"w x 6"h
I love complementary colors. Green and red, blue and gold, orange and blue, and in this case red and blue. In this 6"w x 6"h painting titled Icy Forest Cardinals, these bright red cardinals are probably oblivious to their beautiful icy blue background, because they are busy talking about rising property taxes. Ha ha, I often place elements into compositions as if they are relating to each other, perhaps it's the human emotion that I'm always wanting to address in the landscape ... that powerful emotion that a certain landscape can bring out. Not everyone is as visual, many people have a favorite song or food that will trigger a strong memory. For me, the cardinal will always trigger the response I had when I first observed a cardinal in the woods. The vibrant red color and song of the cardinal is second to no bird in my opinion, and their vibrant color speaks volumes to me in terms of being who you're supposed to be in contrast to a culture that wants you to conform. Perhaps that's what these guys are gabbing about today, it's for you to decide. Please contact Your Art's Desire Gallery in Minnetonka, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment