Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Cedar Waxwing on Gold 1 & 2

Cedar Waxwing on Gold No. 1
Cedar Waxwing on Gold No. 2
Here is a pair of 6"w x 6"h cedar waxwings that complement a larger piece titled Cedar Waxwings that I shared last week. I departed from my usual minimalistic brushwork to layer the golds on thick in the background. There's something to the color of these birds that compelled me to focus on the background. I know it was the gold bellies of the birds which are full of mountain as berries, no doubt. :) The mountain ashes are in full bloom now, boasting big white bunches of tiny petals. Last year, I was sitting on the deck drinking my coffee when a gentle breeze hit the trees and the little petals all fell down like snow. It was a neat experience, I happened to be at the right place at the right time, and I had to get a new cup of coffee as mine was full of petals. I suppose it's about time to go fill my palette with color and listen to the singing of the songbirds outside, and the soft sound of the brush against the canvas ...
Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on these pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment