Monday, March 28, 2011

Spring Sunset


12"w x 12"h x 2"d, Acrylic on stretched canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
Please email me at aaronklossartwork@gmail.com for purchase information.

All throughout this series of paintings I've been trying to capture contrast between the shades of gray in the steep rocky walls with the brightness of the snow and sky. This painting by far is my favorite. I enjoyed painting the birch trees with lots of chunky brush strokes. I continued that technique into the sky where a wide range of blues complement the sunset. The pines and crimson red bushes add the color punch as they remind old man winter that it's time to pack his bags and head out of town. Soon this land will be covered in green grasses and wildflowers. :) I have a couple more in this series to post this week before I depart from this theme and move onto warmer themes. Check back soon and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment