Thursday, January 30, 2014

Solitaire

"Solitaire" 8"w x 10"h, Sivertson Gallery, Grand Marais, MN
I've been quiet as of late on my painting diary ... must be the weather. I've been painting, just not feeling too inspired. This is normal for me, the sub zero weather zeroes out my energy and I feel like I'm going through the motions. But I'm keeping the brush going, painting cardinals which always cheer me up, and other landscapes as well. This piece is titled Solitaire and features a single female cardinal framed by birch trees and a single distant pine ridge anchoring the piece with rich greens. The sky is a fun lime green, all to complement the cardinal's red accent feathers. Here's to warmer weather. -Aaron
Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment