Sunday, September 8, 2013

Rock On

"Rock On", 18"x 18", Sivertson Gallery Grand Marais, MN
Spending so much time at lake Superior and the local creeks this summer has influenced my work. The rocks that line the waters have such interesting forms and colors, and the reflections in the water is also very visually interesting. I haven't been trying to capture what I see realistically, but I paint more of the lasting impression the landscape makes upon me. The rocks are scattered all across the canvas in this piece, and the rocks feature a wide range of grays and cobalt blues. The sun sparkles in a straight line across the canvas vertically, and it reflects across the exposed land. The water is a bit more subtle in this piece too, the sparkles are there, but don't compete too much with the golds and yellows of the sun. Rock on.

Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marais, MN for more information on this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment