Saturday, September 10, 2011

Twilight Maples: Peaceful Feeling

Acrylic on 36"w x 24"h x 2"d Canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
SOLD

My wife had the honor of naming this painting, and she doesn't even know it yet. :) She'll read it here in the not to distant future I'm sure, though. I finished this painting and hung it in the living room to view it as I often do with my work. I sat down and enjoyed the feeling this painting gave me and decided to call it finished. I had plans to add additional elements to this piece but found myself ready to stop when I finished the long shadows in the foreground. This painting is part of series of works featuring fall Maples. I often work in series, exploring sizes and compositions and subtle color differences, enjoying the creative process. What brings me the most joy is when someone connects with a painting as my wife did with this piece as she viewed it and said it gives her a peaceful feeling. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment