Friday, April 15, 2011

Beautiful Autumn


12"w x 12"h, Acrylic on Stretched Canvas, Reserved
Click on image above to enlarge.
NFS

I've been planning on painting a series of Duluth bridges. The old bridges feature colorful stones with interesting shapes and concrete mortar. Many of them have black railings and lightposts as well. I'm drawn to the patterns in the stones of the bridges, and the landscapes surrounding them ... Forests filled with colorful Birch and Evergreens ... Rugged terrain filled with many rock outcroppings and steep grades. I was discussing my bridge ideas with my daughter Autumn and I asked her what she thought. She said that I should paint the bridges in the Autumn with the colorful leaves. (Whenever you have creative block, just ask a kid what to do, they're full of good ideas)

So this is my first of many bridge paintings.
This one's for you, beautiful Autumn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment