Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Shades of Green and three others


Summer Pines, Acrylic on 4"wx4"h canvas
Shades of Green, Acrylic on 4"wx4"h canvas
Summer Selection, Acrylic on 6"wx6"h canvas













Here's four new paintings from my Intimate Landscapes show at The Vanilla Bean. These four were painted together and so it's only fitting that they are posted together. So far, the show has been a huge success for me, ten paintings have sold and there is one weekend left. My intention with this show was to feature some new themes, which I did with paintings like these today, and to make work on a smaller scale that people could take with them as they travel up the shore. It's fun to know my work will be in new homes all over the state or farther depending on where people live. One thing's for sure, this show proved to me several things: People still purchase original art, they love landscapes, and there's something in my work that they identify with. I haven't had the chance to speak to many people about what they see in my art, hopefully down the road I'll have that chance as I continue painting. Feel free to post a comment on this blog, I'd love to know your thoughts. God bless, -A

Tiny Pines, Acrylic on 6"wx6"h canvas


No comments:

Post a Comment