Friday, September 28, 2012

Autumn's Golden Moon Triptych

"Autumn's Golden Moon triptych", Acrylic on 18"w x 12"h canvas
I'm lovin' painting these triptychs! They are more time consuming than a traditional canvas, but I feel they are well worth the effort, and I also feel they cause the viewer to spend more time taking in the image. As a young aspiring artist, I wanted to create work that was different than everybody else, work that people didn't just glance at in passing, but would pause and reflect on the work. In some ways I feel as though I've accomplished this, in other ways I'm still chasing after the perfect painting that will most likely elude me my entire life as we are all human and imperfect. You can reflect and be thankful for all the blessings in your life, or you can reflect on everything you've messed up, every misstep and stumble bumble and fall. I don't know about you but my glass is half full ... life is short ... embrace the chase!

Please contact Sivertson Gallery in Grand Marias, MN for more information about this painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment