Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Good As Gold


Acrylic on 16"w x 20"h canvas
Click on image above to enlarge.
$250.00 Please contact Blue Lake Gallery in Duluth to purchase.

This painting was part of my Tremendous Trees show at Blue Lake Gallery.

Yesterday it was seven birch trees, today it's seven maple trees. Imagine the maple syrup you could make from these! OK, I must be getting hungry. :) Today it's 73 and sunny in the Banana Republic of Duluth, MN. When the weather gets like this, it's virtually impossible to do anything inside. I've been outside three times already, and I just can't seem to bring myself to paint today. Today I'm working on some urban themed artwork for my next show which you'll be reading about here in a couple weeks. So exciting, and challenging at the same time!

This painting featured today titled Good As Gold wasn't challenging ... it was very calming and peaceful to paint. Who doesn't just love a golden sunset in a maple forest? I mean, come on now, don't you wish sunsets would last forever? I had fun playing with the golds in this one, they dance across the sky, the maple leaf covered ground, and the trees themselves are basking in the glow of the sun. So am I today, Thank God for warm sunny days.

No comments:

Post a Comment